Here are some encouraging coronavirus stats:
• MI’s case rate is down to 85% from mid-November. It sits at 113 cases/million people.
• Positivity rates continue to inch downward – sitting at 3.9% currently.
• Hospitalizations due to COVID-19 are down 79% – occupying just 5.2% of beds
“These are very encouraging trends that have us moving in the right direction,” noted Dr. Khaldun. Unfortunately, she also stated that Michigan has reached the point of community spread of the B117 variant. With 157 confirmed cases of the variant across 12 counties, Dr. Khaldun reiterated the importance of wearing a mask, practicing social distancing, and avoiding large gatherings.
On the Vaccine Front
• About 14% of Michiganders have received at least the first dose of vaccine
• More than 514,000 are fully vaccinated
• 50,000 vaccinations per day is the goal – and is has been reached several times
Both Dr. Khaldun and Governor Whitmer acknowledge that not everyone who wants to get vaccinated for COVID-19 can get an appointment right now. Officials are working to get as many people vaccinated as possible. Vaccine supplies are expected to increase in the coming weeks, and the state plans to include more providers as quickly as possible. FDA approval of an emergency authorization use for Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine is expected very soon. Although they only have a few million doses ready right now, production is expected to ramp up once the vaccine is approved by the FDA.
Staying Safe & Informed
With all of the metrics moving in the right direction, it might seem like we can relax the safety precautions, but that’s not the case. It’s important to stay vigilant, and Michigan’s coronavirus website provides everything you need to know about gathering guidelines and more. Staying informed is important — and includes your customers. That’s where Extend Your Reach can help. We offer a full array of services, and we’d love to help you keep your customers in the loop about your business. We’re happy to meet in person or virtually: 800-887-1959 or email@example.com.
CEO, Extend Your Reach